Banner.jpg

The History of Grace Lutheran Church



Former Pastors

Stanley Olsen
1940

A.T. Daniels
1940-1949

Oris Sougstad
1950-1952

V.O. Johnson
1953-1960

John M. Moe
1961-1966

Norval Hegland
1967-1970

John Youngerberg
1970-1977

Marlin Haugrud
1977-1989

Emil Greiner (Moe)
1990-1994

James Schwartz
1994-1999

Larry Jerke
2000-2011

Don Reiffenberger
2011-present


60 years in the life of a church

September 1940
Organization of Grace Lutheran

July 23, 1947
Maple Grove Church, Irene SD, purchased and moved to Parker

May 30, 1948
Dedication of First Church

January 11, 1954
Mortgage Burning Celebration

June 29, 1969
Ground breaking for new church

September, 1970
Dedication of new church

November 21, 1976
Mortgage Burning Celebration

May 21, 1989
Groundbraking for expansion

October 22, 1989
Dedication of new edition

June 10, 1990
50th Anniversary celebration

November 1999
Mortgage burning celebration

November 5, 2000
60th Anniversary celebration

October 17, 2010
70th Anniversary celebration
From our beginning in 1940 with 42 members, Grace Lutheran Church has grown to a membership of 439
baptized members. We have an active Sunday School and Luther League. Over the years, our
Senior Choir has established a reputation for performing musicals with a powerful message. Our women's
organization continue to grow and support missions abroad and in our community. With grateful hearts,
we give thanks and praise to God for His blessings upon our congregation over the past 65 years.
Banner_bottom.jpg